Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Spring Flowers


Just wanted to share a page with you I made a while back using JBS Mercantile Kits. I layered two different colors of yellow cardstock, yellow washi, and yellow patterned paper to make the matte for the photo/flower block. This is my daughter on my birthday in our back yard with a daffodil (the little bouquet my husband made me) this past spring.


The flowers and butterflies were cut with Silhouette and you can find those cut files there a well. I love love how you can see the red leaves from the photo appearing like it's a part of the flower cut.


I used my cuttlebug and embossing folders on the yellow cardstock behind the cream flower cut negative to provide a little subtle texture and dimension back there. I also used the same texture on the butterflies. I cut out the orange vellum dots from the paper sheet and stapled them to the butterflies using a tiny attacher before I stuck them down.

Thanks for reading today!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was curious if you ever considered changing the layout of your blog? Cccam Server Its very well written; I love what you've got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. You've got an awful lot of text for only having one or 2 images. Maybe you could space it out better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Spring page! I have nominated your blog for a Liebster Award! Check out my post here http://www.stephanie-eaken.blogspot.com/2014/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete