Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sleeping In


I'm just now catching up on some pages I haven't shared yet. These pictures are from our Spring Break, the same morning as the last page I made. What a great lazy day that was. I made this one for JBS Mercantile April using mostly the Mini-Album Kit and the Main Kit. I started off by painting the white doily white. Sounds odd but I wanted the white doily bright white so I used a brayer and white acrylic paint and rolled it on. I let it dry and it made the edges lift ever so slightly and ended up giving the page more dimension without adding too much bulk, something I've been striving for as of late. This is actually a scraplift of myself, a page I had published quite a while ago using a teal and white Hambly doily paper as the base with vintage floral wallpaper polaroid frames I cut by hand, back before I had a Silhouette.

These frames were cut with Silhouette. The smaller gray frame come pre-cut from the April Main Kit. That little butterfly charm from the mini album kit fits perfectly onto the yellow tags from the main kit.

I made the title in Photoshop, sized to fit in the opening of my Silhouette cut polaroids. I love how the title words are all spaced together as one word, with the word differentiation being in two different colors. I saw Ali Edwards do that long long ago and I never forgot that. The pink lace pattern is the JBS Mercantile exclusive stamp from the April Main. I stamped it over and over then used that paper and fed it into the Silhouette.

And you know what?  I think I may have stamped the music notes upside down?? I don't know for sure. I tried to meditate and bring back my 6th grade flute playing self but I could not. It's a shame I used to could read music and now I can't.

I like that this is a simple design done with frills and layers - it's just a grid design on a circle. I love the mix of paper colors and patterns on this one. I mixed color and black and white pictures as you can see.

The text was done in photoshop using the same sized text box at the title. The little heart stamp is from the mini kit. 



I like this picture of Ava on her pallet. I love the soft low morning light and that sweet expression and little pose she's got going on.

My two crazy sweets.

2 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous layout! You're so talented. :)

    ReplyDelete