Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April JBS Mercantile Revealed + A New Kit


April JBS Mercantile Kits are up and since today is the 2nd - kit shopping is open to everyone! I made this Project Life spread using the main kit and a few bits from our new kit, Historian. This is two of Becky Higgins' design A page pocket pages. One thing I really like here is that I had the horizontal 3x4's I wanted to include but obviously Design A doesn't have a spot for those, exactly, anyway and I didn't want to crop those photos into a 4x6 because the ratio they were originally taken in was not 4x6. I cropped the smaller pictures to 3x4 --- but I chose the entire image and cropped to 3x4 which is like re-sizing them. So the ratio is right to a 3x4 so all I had to do was re-size them. 

I opened a horizontal 4x6 canvas and dropped the horizontal 3x4 onto it. I realized my photoshop drops them dead center. Or am I crazy? :) So I printed them off and left the big white border around allowing them to fit perfectly centered in the 4x6 pockets. It ends up looking like a nice photo mat to me and brings some nice white, clean space to the spread. And some variety. Clean variety.


I guess you could call this event based Project Life vs. the everyday life kind, if you wanted to label it. This is a spread about the time my daughter and I went to the Princess Tea Party at Disney World in  May. 


The floral card cut apart paper from the main kit could not have been more perfect for this! I only used two of my "cards" - feel like I might sense some hoarding coming on, lol. No, I can't wait to use those up on the rest of my projects. 


And these mini polaroids, aren't those adorable! Main kit there too. I did pull a plain gridded Becky Higgins Project Life card from my stuff as the base for that pocket. I laid the polaroid down, traced with pencil, then typed in the space with my typewriter. The phrase stamp is from the new Historian kit as well as the little star puffy sticker I placed on the star.


Closer view of the right side. The puffy stickers are from Historian, everything else is from the main kit except for the Becky Higgins gridded journal card from my stash.


I love love this little detail. This is a Cathy Zielske brush, called Girlie Typesets or something like that - from Designer Digitals - it's an older one. I had the perfect spot for a little puffy heart sticker. All that in pink on that pretty black and white picture.


Again, those lovely floral cards! And look at those awesome crimped gold sequins! I used embroidery floss to wrap those around my cards. Simple and perfect if I do say so myself :) I used the little alpha stickers from the main to embellish the aqua polaroid - those are so cool - they have a sheen to them, like they have a special coating unlike regular stickers of that style.


Introducing . . . . . . our newest add-on kit, "Historian," now for sale at JBS Mercantile!  Packed with journaling cards, typography, and tiny embellishments, Historian is perfect for Project Life and other projects created with pocket pages.  It also coordinates beautifully with our Papercrafting Kit and other add-ons to offer even more variety for your April scrapbooking needs.  This month's Historian also comes with a bonus downloadable pdf of the exclusive journaling cards.  Documenting your family's history has never been so easy and fun!

Our first Historian includes puffy stickers, red and pink JBS chevron tape, twine, a multi colored sequins pack, three different sets of journaling cards, an alpha, and fabric phrase stickers, and little stamp set! I've got lots of Project Life pages in the works with this one - will be sharing those with you for gallery updates on the 10th.

Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. Briana! You totally ROCK PL! You may be inspiring me to give it a try. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, awesome, awesome, as always! I have a question - are you putting all these event spreads in PL fashion in with your monthly PL or do they go in a separate album?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors of your spread. The yellow and pink look fantastic. Great photos too. How fun it would be to have a Girl!

    ReplyDelete