Saturday, February 9, 2013

Home - Mercantile February



Happy Saturday! Today I wanted to post this page I made with the Feb. JBS Mercantile Kits - the main kit (sold out) and Antiquarian. The striped paper is from the main kit and is new Modern Mercantile by Lisa Dickinson. I cut out the floral part and arranged it around my photo. I think there are three pieces cut apart and put back together to frame the photo.

The background letterhead paper is from the Antiquarian kit. I admit to loving that thing so much that I made several copies and used them over and over on my projects. The text and title were done in Photoshop then I just ran the letterhead copy through the printer.



One thing I love that Jenni does and that Lisa did too with Modern Mercantile is they gave us mini versions of the patterns on a sheet of paper - like a 9 square of smaller patterns - if you are familiar with JBS then you know what I'm talking about. I used the same floral/stripe paper in the mini version and cut out those flower heads to layer on the large flower heads with a foam dot. I finished that off with the green foil flowers from Antiquarian. The yellow diamonds (which I think look like embroidery the way I used them) are made from the exclusive stencil in the main kit - by using modeling paste and yellow paint. After that dried, I cut out a few individual pieces to fill in the blank spot between the title and the photo.

Let's see. What else? Home and Heart are written in a font called Pottery Barn - yep, the Pottery Barn font. The cursive is England Hand DB.

My day entails doing the dishes, helping the kids make their Valentines, and working on Project Life. Oh, and I guess I'm going to the grocery store so I can make Beef Lombardi for dinner tonight. We just finished this off - Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti - and it was so dang yummy. I've banned healthy food in my house. LOL. I'm joking.

3 comments:

  1. Love your layout, love the technique you used with the stencil! Beautiful!! I can't wait to get my Feb. kit!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful-so professional. Your title work and journaling is perfect.

    ReplyDelete