Thursday, October 4, 2012

JBS Mercantile: Blessings Layout with Feedsack Rosette

This layout was made with the main kit and the feedsack quilt pieces are from Antiquarian (which has sold out). I love this peach diagonal gingham paper. I want more :) It really looks nice as a background. I also used the BONUS kit cut now included in the main kits!!! The doily you see here is the kit cut for October. Isn't it great! It's from the Wren JBS Collection.
This is a photo strip of me and my darlin' from a recent birthday party. Oh Ava cracks me up. I love her second pose - stunned. She does that one often. I used some of our new JBS Mercantile cuts! Blessings is part of a title set designed by Lisa Dickinson which is available for purchase at the Mercantile store. The cut file says Autumn Blessings but I just used the blessings part for this page.
So here's the pretty feedsack rosette I made. You can't really make anything ugly using vintage quilt scraps or pieces, lol, you know? They're just inherently beautiful. In the Antiquarian kit Jenni gave us two half round scalloped quilt pieces. I used embroidery thread to sew a running stitch along the inside of the first piece then used the same piece of thread and continued to sew along the second piece so I could gather them up together as one complete circle. I just knotted the ends of the embroidery thread together with a little slack in the middle and the used glue dots to attach one of the new JBS quilt stars to the center. I did hand sew the rosette to the page in the middle because I wanted the center of the rosette to be really tight against the page so the outer edges would pucker out better and look more full.

Here our our new cuts!
This is the bonus main kit cut!

And these are the Mercantile Cuts for purchase. I have loved working with these. I've got a page to share soon using the leaves that just makes me so happy. Lisa did an absolutely wonderful job making these. PS thanks Lisa for letting me steal your collage image from your blog :)

Now I must go pack for a Cub Scouts camp out weekend! Confession: I have never been overnight camping in my entire 32 years of life. Shameful, isn't it. I was raised by my grandparents and that was just not their kind of thing. Anyhow. It's supposed to be in the low 40s here tomorrow night. Any words of wisdom from the camping pros? I already got Doris' pearls of wisdom: baby wipes to freshen up, head lights for the cool kids, and clothes in a laundry basket or plastic container. We have a giant tent for 10 even though we are only 4 at Adam's insistence. This is going to be fun. I can't wait to watch him put that big dude up.

6 comments:

  1. Wow WOWWWW!!! Just love this page. It's probably my new favourite of yours. Love how you've used the new Silhouette cuts - it makes such a bright and bold impact. And of course, don't get me started on that Rosette. Just gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, my GOODNESS! Gorgeous--SERIOUSLY!! I had no idea there were cuts--going to check them out--I'm really liking all of what I see. Good luck on your campout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Gorgeous layout!! Love it! Have fun camping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I am in love with this layout. The rosette....seriously awesome. And the stamp cut is...well....awesome. I need a new list of adjectives it seems. I love the photo strip. You two look so much alike. Ava's facial expressions are adorable. ♥

    ReplyDelete